ootd | another day

Friday, 14 April 2017






Most basic outfit ever, I know. As the weather gets increasingly warm, I've finally been able to bring out my lighter t-shirts and shove my turtle necks at the back of my wardrobe. Before I continue with the post though I must ask, am I the only one who doesn’t completely enjoy the good weather we're having (especially during March) because they're conscious that it's most definitely down to global warming? It's definitely unsettling and I just wish people knew that this 'lovely sunshine' isn't so lovely at all.

I digress, back to the outfit. If you know me, you know that my style of dressing can be incredibly basic, almost on the verge of laziness- but I always try to adapt it into something more appropriate for society because toothpaste stained trackies apparently aren't. When I tell you, I've never loved a grey t-shirt more in my life, I'm not even joking. I bought this from Brandy Melville a few years ago during their 50% off sale so I probably got it for around £6. This always gets so much wear in the spring and summer months because it's simply so versatile, it really does go with everything and is the perfect basic. As it's v-neck, it pairs amazingly with both strappy and lacy bralettes which always helps to add a little more to something so simple and neutral. 

I have no idea how to describe these trousers so please excuse the following, very shambolic description of them. They're like cargo pants but skinny and are a bleached/washed out navy colour with lots of gold hardware which gives it a more expensive look. A for effort. What I love about these is the colour, they're not a typical khaki green that you would expect from this style and are also a refreshing break from the abundance of denim we're all seeing this season. The cropped leg is definitely not intentional, I bought them from the kids section so that paired with my height does explain the "ankle grazing" style. 

Yes, those are the adidas stan smith's I'm gracing only 3 years late to the whole trend. Do I even have any shame? My lack of punctuality clearly follows me every where ha. These are so comfy and I've been wanting a pair of fresh and crisp white trainers for the summer...now comes the task of actually keeping them pristine. You've probably already heard many fashion bloggers singing these praise so I'll save you that ;)

A way I like to elevate an otherwise drab outfit is through a statement piece. Although I'm beginning to incorporate more prints and colour into my wardrobe, I still like to stay on the safe side and carry something small like a bright bag instead. I'm renowned for never holding bags and instead just stuffing everything into my pockets, so when my sister gifted me this I was a bit meh about it but obviously had to put on the "ah omg thanks so much" front, but now I can't leave the house without it. It's so small and compact but surprisingly fits much more than you'd think, and the colour is definitely my favourite part of it. It's really well made and has so many compartments which I love as it definitely maximises the capacity of it. 

What's your go-to outfit?
-Dalal 🍒

12 comments :

  1. You are nailing classic minimalism, I think! xx

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit so much!! I have a grey v-neck myself and I live in it, it goes with everything and is so comfy!! And I love your shoes as well!!
    Kate Xx
    http://www.luxekate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. This one is honestly so soft, I love brandy melville for that. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Aw such a cute outfit! I love the jeans and bag, so pretty! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankss, the bag is one of my favourite accessories I own !

      Delete
  4. Cute !! love the bag
    xxx
    paulydays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looove the outfit!! It all ties together really nicely and looks so cool. And there's something about brandy melville's tshirts that are just better than any other haha they look so nice!!

    Tasha x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tasha! I agree, Brandy's t-shirts are my favourites, they're so soft

      Delete
  6. Your post reminded me of finally taking my Stan Smiths out for a walk again! Such a cool laid back look!

    XX from Germany
    Jecky
    Want Get Repeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, they're such a great shoe!

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points