spring jewellery with aurate

Thursday, 4 May 2017

I've been meaning to do a post like this for the longest time ever but my laziness always manages to overpower any motivation I ever do get. So as you can imagine, when I came across the Aurate website after stalking checking out their social media sites, it all felt a little bit like fate. You see, this post has been sitting in my drafts since 27/8/2015- so this was like a wake up call and it's about time I actually got started on it. 

A little bit about the brand first though...their products are completely ethically sourced (100%) gold at a more affordable price as they skip the extra steps which usually heighten the price of their pieces and instead, get it to the consumer straight away. I love this concept as it really does make a difference to how much you're spending whilst still being able to get classic and durable gold pieces.

Before working with a brand I always like to research a bit to find out if I'll even be able to create content for/with them...so that's exactly what I did. For every purchase, a book is donated to an economically underprivileged child which hits really close to him seeing as I'm one myself (sad times) Also, one of the creators is Moroccan which heightens my pride in my country and made me want to work with this brand even more. Wow I can really ramble on can't I? 

Minimal and dainty jewellery have become accessory staple for the every-day fashion forward individual. Pieces that can be worn alone or layered with each other are the epitome of versatility and for a generation that's constantly moving around, it's perfect. I've tried to annotate the photos in the collage above so I'm hoping you can understand my handwriting- it's pretty bad but I promise I tried to neaten it up for this post hah.

Geometric shapes have been super popular when it comes to jewellery due to it's very minimalist and architectural structure, and these circular and triangular shapes can really elevate a crisp all white or black outfit. Similarly, if you're sick of the generic thick banded cloth chokers that are on every high street right now a more simplistic and elegant option is a more structured collar necklace- the black stone breaks up the gold, giving it a little more versatility.

Onto my jewellery. I have a necklace and choker that I always wear, almost like my signature look. Both are very minimal and simply but go really well with my everyday style which is what I like the most. My necklace is made of real gold and was bought for me as a gift in Morocco a few years ago (gold is huge in Moroccan culture!) and then my choker was bought on a beach in Essouaira for around £2. The man who makes them actually goes onto the shore to look for shells to use for his jewellery! I wish I could photograph them nicely but it's much more difficult than you would think, soo whenever I do I'll make sure to upload them on here as an update.

Do you prefer gold or silver jewellery? Or are you more of a mixing metals person?
Dalal✨

7 comments :

  1. Love the sound of this brand!! I luvv layering simple jewellery, and always wear silver- I've tried gold but it doesn't work with my paleness:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly so do I! oh noo, I'm sure you can always try mixing silver and gold to accommodate for pale skin haha- I do think that gold really does compliment more tanned/golden skin tones better though

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely more of a silver kinda gal, although I do love a bit of rose gold!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always found silver to look way too harsh and 'clean', I much prefer the warmth of gold pieces. Rose gold is dreamy though <3

      Delete
  3. I loved this! Minimal jewellery is so classy and chic...love it. Personally, I like gold jewellery more just because I think it brings out the warmth in my skin tone, but I like a bit of silver too! x

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how minimal these are, I am not into huge diamonds and flashy jewelry.. these are completely my style! By the way I am completely in love with your blog here, well done on all your hard work with it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I love this jewellery!!

    Tasha x
    https://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points